cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C SCL no clock

VThan.2
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying to get my I2C code Master working. I don't have the slave device connected and I am trying to see the output on a logic analyzer. I have connected the SCL and SDA pins to breadboard to a 2k pull up of 3.3V and the board is running at 3.3V. For some reason I cannot see the SCL toggling. It goes low and it stays low throughout the entire data address transmission period. Typically the scl and sda should have the address data and a NACK as there is no slave, but in this case the SCL is not toggling. Any suggestion how I can fix it? Thank you

0693W00000JNRAoQAP.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VThan.2
Associate III

@TDK​ I tried increasing the resistance to 1K and my analog sampling to 50MS on logic analyzer and I seem to be getting the scl lines. I am not sure why the logic analyzer still does not see it. I still think there might be something to do with my settings on I2C line. Any thoughts?

0693W00000JNSV4QAP.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

Show an analog trace. I would guess the pullup is insufficient.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
VThan.2
Associate III

Thank you. Do you mean on a scope?

TDK
Guru

Yes. It looks like you're using a Saleae logic analyzer which can take analog captures as well as digital ones.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
VThan.2
Associate III

Yes looks bad

0693W00000JNRigQAH.png

VThan.2
Associate III

@TDK​ I tried increasing the resistance to 1K and my analog sampling to 50MS on logic analyzer and I seem to be getting the scl lines. I am not sure why the logic analyzer still does not see it. I still think there might be something to do with my settings on I2C line. Any thoughts?

0693W00000JNSV4QAP.png

VThan.2
Associate III

Never mind, got it working the glitch filter was enabled on the logic analyzer. Fixed it. Thank you

Thanks for coming back with the solution. Please select your post as Best so that thread is marked as solved.

JW