cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wqnt to connect three slave, do I need three SPI blocks from uC? But this SPI slave will be access simultaneously. may be CS can be shifted by few clock for each slave.

MDeva.1
Associate II

I am using the Nuclo-h745ziq.I want to connect three slave so can I require a three spi blocks or can i use one spi and I connect it three spi.Please help me.

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

One SPI master can talk with many SPI slaves by managing the CS lines appropriately. Each slave should have a different CS. Pull down the CS when you want to talk to that slave and set it high after you're done.

If you want to talk to each slave at the exact same time, with different data, then of course you'll need a different SPI for each.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

can we connect the three SPI with single SPI block, while use the GPIO for CS and SDO. note: SDO is unidirectional.

Using GPIO for SDO doesn't seem like a good option, since SDO is in sync with SCK.
You could avoid the SPI peripheral altogether and use GPIO for each line if you really want (bit bang).
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

0693W00000Bb3VtQAJ.png

It is possible to connect multiple salves with one SPI? In above digram i want that kind of interfacing it is possible?

Hello,

Please, don't ask 3 times the same question and read carefully the answers provided above by @TDK.