cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't send and receive data via the "USART2" interface with the stm32H745I-DISCO development board. I think I've made all the possible adjustments. if there is another adjustment that needs to be made, could you help?

fog.1
Associate III

5 REPLIES 5
S.Ma
Principal

Make a SW that keeps sending data out of the MCU continuously in blocking mode (like a console printf). Use if possible a scope or frequency meter to probe at the STM32 package pin, at the solder bridge of STMod+, at the Fan Out add-on board, to check the whole trace end to end.

fog.1
Associate III

I saw that the problem was caused entirely by my carelessness.I thought that the female headers in the "stmod" socket should be installed so that they are on the same side as the touch panel. but I wore it wrong. the correct mounting shape is the one on the right side of the image I sent, and it worked like this. but I want to say that the "stmod" expansion card is not very useful in this way. since there is no information about how to install it in the data sheet and there is no very obvious marking on the main board with the "stmod", it is very possible to install it incorrectly. in addition, many websites where the product is sold have images with the wrong mounting style.

thank you.

fog.1
Associate III

on some few websites, the images of the faulty installation of the "stmod" card are included in October.

Thankfully the pins are numbered on both board. But these illustrations are hugely unhelpful.

@Amel NASRI​ @Imen DAHMEN​ please flag these images to marketing, and perhaps get some more definitive images on the web so those rank better in searches. Like using titles along lines of "Correctly mounting STMOD+ to Board X"​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Thank you @Community member​ for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed your feedback along to our team to take the necessary action.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen