cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get my STM32H743VIT6 to receive FDCAN Classic Mode Extended ID messages.

RKjal.1
Associate

I used the:

"STM32H743I-EVAL\Examples\FDCAN\FDCAN_Classic_Frame_Networking" example on my board.

I can send and receive Standard ID message to and from my CAN BUS Analyser, but can only send Extended messages. Cannot receive them. I have attached the init code for both Standard and Extended.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TOlli
Senior

Hi,

On line 42 of your code, you define ExtFiltersNbr to 0. Change it to 1 so you can actually assign the extended filter to catch the specific message (you define the filter on line 67)

Best regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

I tried to create a project in loopback mode based on STM32H743I-EVAL\Examples\FDCAN\FDCAN_Loopback example.

The attached example runs on NUCLEO-H743 board and it sends & receives standard and Extended frames. You can port it to STM32H743I-EVAL board.

Hope this will help you.

STM32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TOlli
Senior

Hi,

On line 42 of your code, you define ExtFiltersNbr to 0. Change it to 1 so you can actually assign the extended filter to catch the specific message (you define the filter on line 67)

Best regards,

RKjal.1
Associate

I haven't had a chance to update but you are exactly right. One of my field engineers from Arrow pointed that out and suddenly everything worked fine.

Thanks for responding.