cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure DSI-interface for the STM32U599/U5A9-series?

Southbranch
Senior II

Hi!

I am playing around with some STM32CubeMX configurations for the STM32U599/U5A9-series, but I can't find any options to configure the display DSI-interface, only LTD RGB/parallel.

Are there any prerequisites that needs to be configured first in order for the DSI-option menu to show?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Southbranch ,

For the STM32U5x9, the lowest pin package can support the DSI is 144-pins.

As already mentioned to check the availability of DSI feature, please refer to the datasheets DS13543 and DS13633  table 2.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Southbranch ,

Could you please precise:

- Which STM32U5x9 device are you using?

- Which version of STM32CubeMX are you using?

Note that this DSI feature is not available in all STM32U5x9 MCU package, please refer to the datasheets DS13543 and DS13633  table 2.

KDJEM1_0-1694191262550.png

KDJEM1_2-1694191307077.png

If the DSI is available you can configured it as shown in the below figure:

KDJEM1_0-1694191574249.png 

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Southbranch ,

I can suggest 2 options to configure the DSI interface on STM32U5 devices:

1. follow steps described in the section "STM32CubeMX configuration example" of AN4860 Introduction to DSI host on STM32 MCUs and MPUs
  2. refer to DSI examples available in the STM32CubeU5 package like STM32CubeU5/Projects/STM32U5x9J-DK/Examples/DSI
    For each example, you will find an ioc file that you can take as start point to check used configuration and to update it depending on your needs.

-Amel

Southbranch
Senior II

Thanks for your tips.

Please see attached screen shot of a product search. For example, the DSI-config does not come up in my STM32CubeMX (ver. 6.9.1) for the first one on the list STM32U5A9VJ.

It does, however, come up for one of the devices with higher pin counts.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Southbranch ,

The STM32CubeMX6.9.1 and  DS13543 are correct. The bug is in STM32 MCU product selector - STMicroelectronics web site.

The The DSI feature isn't available in STM32U5A9VJ MCU.

I reported internally.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Kaouthar.

Southbranch
Senior II

I see, that explains..

Does this mean the lowest pin-count for DSI-support is 144-pins?

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Southbranch ,

For the STM32U5x9, the lowest pin package can support the DSI is 144-pins.

As already mentioned to check the availability of DSI feature, please refer to the datasheets DS13543 and DS13633  table 2.

Thank you.

Kaouthar