cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, Reference manual of STM32U575/585 Arm®-based 32-bit MCUs (RM0456) does not mention the bit 31 in register ADC_CFGR1. However, this bit is used in library and injected channels can not be executed without setting this bit. Assumption: JQDIS bit

WSief.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @WSief.1​,

This typo is fixed in ES0499-Rev5.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @WSief.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Thanks for your contribution

Could you please share the file where the bit 31 of ADC_CFGR1 register is mentioned in the library?

I checked all the header files under “STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.1.1\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32U5xx\Include�? but I didn’t find the definition of 31 bit in ADC _CFGR1 register.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

There is no definition in header files (missed information that the reset value of register is 0x80000000). After reset of uC this register is set to a value 0x80000000.

This value is mentioned in reference manual. Unfortunately i missed the message that this bit must be kept at reset value,

which is 1. The question is if this bit is JQDIS. JQDIS bit is mentioned in errata datashit (STM32U575xx and STM32U585xx device errata).

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @WSief.1​ ,

Thank you for bringing this issue our attention.

The 31 bit in the ADC_CFGR register is reserved and by default set to 1.

I confirm that bits JQDIS and JQM are not available in STM32U5, so the Errata Sheet  will be updated accordingly.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 133618 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @WSief.1​,

This typo is fixed in ES0499-Rev5.

Thank you.

Kaouthar