cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while debug

Rituraj
Associate III

WHile debugging for a custom board this is what I am facing Break at address "0x1fff4080" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

This is the code that I am trying to run . What is the reason for this error and how it can be curated .  I have already verified the most common reason i.e. BOOT0 pin which has been pulled low.

I have attached the main.c file to this post

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

you need to provide more information - please see the posting tips:

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

@Rituraj wrote:

WHile debugging for a custom board this is what I am facing Break at address "0x1fff4080" with no debug information available

When/where, exactly, does this occur?

It starts as soon as I enter superwhile at time of debugging. I have already attached the main.c file

Looks like it's in the bootloader.

Is BOOT0 tied low?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Rituraj
Associate III

Yes it has been tied low via a 10k resistor

Perhaps the vector table isn't being set. Check that SCB->VTOR points to 0x08000000. If not, edit system_*.c and uncomment the define for USER_VECT_TAB_ADDRESS.

Can also check VECTACTIVE field in SCB->ICSR to see if the chip is currently in an interrupt. If it's not in the bootloader.

Can also check AN2606 for other reasons it may be in the bootloader. Option byte settings, for example. Shouldn't be relevant here for a new chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".