cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted measurement ADC

JR2963
Senior

Hi,

on STM32F303 I use ADC with DMA (12 bit), I measure signals on 3 channels + Vrefin.

The input signal is pure sine wave 50 Hz (I can see it on scope). But when I measure it with ADC, so there is distored sine wave, I tried to change SAMPLING TIME, and also Sampling frequency. It changed, but this is the best result what I have got, but still distored. Is there any chance how to solve that problem?

There is no saturation, there is reserve in amplitude

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDLA9QAO.png

13 REPLIES 13
AScha.3
Chief II

this looks like clipping...

show at input 50% of this amplitude.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

What's your hardware? Is VREF+ rock stable? Is ground arrangement perfect? Is the AC input perfect? Oscilloscope measurement was directly from signal on mcu pin? DC measurements are stable? Try to measure only one channel. Show individual points (read: where is the continuous curve from?)

JW

Oscilloscope measurement is directly on mcu pin, DC measurements look stable.

I measure 230/50Hz like that: Maybe the current is to small to charge sampling capacitor in MCU?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDPH4QAO.pngalso I found this image, but what is the value of Cadc?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDPHiQAO.png

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDPJ5QAO.pngJW

Thanks! OK it looks like my sampling time is too fast . I have it already on 610_5 cycles, so I have no option to slow it down.

How can I sove it?

• I can reduce the clock speed of the mcu, but I do now want.
  • Maybe I could measure on the same channel several times in a row and after that change the channel?

Some recommendations?

AScha.3
Chief II

>looks like my sampling time is too fast 

?? why ?

> I have it already on 610_5 cycles

? 810 cycles ?

too slow. try 8.5 cycles .

and half signal , 2490 -> 1k5 or so, just test !

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

This is when I use ADC_SAMPLETIME_601CYCLES_5:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDPl4QAG.png 

and thisi when 7_5 cycles:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDPlEQAW.png 

I use ASYNC clock mode

JR2963
Senior

And this is with Sync clock/4 with 180_5 cycles:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDPqTQAW.png 

Also I tried to measure each channel 2 times in row, and use only the second measurement. But it has basically no effect - result is the same

this looks like: beginning clip / limiting and opamp with high feedback -> oscillations , when recover from overdrive.

again: show at input 50% of this amplitude. or use circuit, like i did for mains aquire:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDQ88QAG.png and use 7.5 cycle .