cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-CLASSB compiler fail on IAR 9.2.0.4

stsan.1
Associate II

Hi All,

Currently I try to compiler(clean and build)  X-CUBE-CLASSB project for MCU self test function. I got error as below Does anyone know what wrong or missing setting something? I had try compiler in two project , all get error.

IDE: IAR 9.20.4

WIN 11

STM32G081B_Eval

0693W00000NrVbkQAF.png 

STM32G474_Nucleo

0693W00000NrVckQAF.png 

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello Sam,

at first case (G0 project), it seems that non existing directory is defined at the project setting, great probably the one to detect correct allocation of the STL source files. The easiest way is to delete & reload all the missing files from/to the project workspace from their true directories. A missing file can be recognized easily as it cannot be opened from the Workspace window there. You will probably face by wrong content of the included directories list at the project setting, too. Then you need to correct it as well. You can do the same by editing ewp file. I suggest to use relative path control via argument variable "$PROJ_DIR$".

The second case (G4 project) is different as the linker here signalizes to you that there is not enough space in the RAM to allocate sections P1, P2 and P6. Please, open the project map file and inspect which parts of your code fill these sections by data. You need allocate more space for these sections at linker configuration icf file and/or consider reducing their sizes.

More info you can find at IAR documentation easily accessible from the IDE help menu.

Best regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello Sam,

at first case (G0 project), it seems that non existing directory is defined at the project setting, great probably the one to detect correct allocation of the STL source files. The easiest way is to delete & reload all the missing files from/to the project workspace from their true directories. A missing file can be recognized easily as it cannot be opened from the Workspace window there. You will probably face by wrong content of the included directories list at the project setting, too. Then you need to correct it as well. You can do the same by editing ewp file. I suggest to use relative path control via argument variable "$PROJ_DIR$".

The second case (G4 project) is different as the linker here signalizes to you that there is not enough space in the RAM to allocate sections P1, P2 and P6. Please, open the project map file and inspect which parts of your code fill these sections by data. You need allocate more space for these sections at linker configuration icf file and/or consider reducing their sizes.

More info you can find at IAR documentation easily accessible from the IDE help menu.

Best regards,

Petr

stsan.1
Associate II

Hi Petr,

Got it , thank for your information