cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup USB-C PD Source using NUCLEO-G491RE with X-NUCLEO-SRC1M1 Extension?

AChin.3
Associate II

Hello,

I am a newcomer to the ST world- I am working with VW of America and UTK on a senior design project.

I am attempting to setup a USB-C PD source application using a NUCLEO-G491RE Connected to a SRC1M1 extension board. I have tried directly loading the src1M1 example project in x-cube-tcpp (nucleo-g474re/applications/USB_PD/SRC1M1_Source) and following this guide on the wiki. For the wiki project, I applied the correct BSP and adjusted the .extsettings file to point to the correct BSP.

When monitoring stcubemonitor-UCPD, neither stack seems to be responding in the desired manner, and no contract is negotiated.

What further steps should I be taking to set up my USB-C application? I know this is a desired function from ST, so it should be pretty simple.

10 REPLIES 10

How can you be sure you are really doing power delivery? Charging your device does not mean you exercise power delivery. Remember that 5V is type C basic, and so, from what I see from the trace do not confirm that you have request/ accept, and power delivery explicit contract.

Check this wiki