cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcousticBF initialization not working on STM32H7

AAMAN.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the SMARTMIC package on my STM32H743 board with the CCAO2M2 board and MEMS microphones, and I want to use the beamforming library (AcousticBF version V2.2.0).

But when i call the BF_init function, I pass in the HardFault_Handler function at the AcousticBF_setConfig function call.

0693W00000APsYWQA1.png0693W00000APsYgQAL.pngI've tested many things and i noticed that when I comment the SIDE_X line (SIDE_X = 147) we don't pass anymore in the HardFault_Handler function.

I have the same problem when i call the AcousticBF_FirstStep function : even if I comment the SIDE_X line in my initilization, I still pass in the HardFault_Handler function.

0693W00000APsYMQA1.png 

What could explain this behavior ?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @AAMAN.1​ ,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this, but I was waiting our team for the new version of the AcousticBF library which fix the issue.

As this request is also received via Online-support, our FAE will provide you the library to check the patched version with your full HW setup.

Thanks for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AAMAN.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

You are using the AcousticBF library version V2.2.0.

I advise you to update and use the latest release of AcousticBF library (v2.2.1) within the latest version of SMARTMIC package published on ST web site.

This may help solving your issue.

Please try it and let me know if it is ok with the latest release.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Select as Best". This will help other users find that answer faster :).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
AAMAN.1
Associate II

@Imen DAHMEN​ Hi, Thank you for your help.

I think this version is not publicly available yet, because on ST web site there is the 2.2.0 and 2.0.0 version and not the 2.2.1.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-aud-smartmic1.html

But maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Annabel

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @AAMAN.1​ ,

In your initial post, you mentioned that you are using AcousticBF library (version V2.2.0).

But the latest release of FP-AUD-SMARTMIC1(v 2.2.0) available in the ST web site is updated with AcousticBF library V2.2.1 / 03-Apr-2020, and it's recommended to use this latest release that contains enhancements and fixes.

Please keep me updated. 

Imen

Thanks
Imen
AAMAN.1
Associate II

@Imen DAHMEN​ Hi and thank you for your reply.

Since the beginning, i'm using the SMARTMIC version 2.2.0 with the AcouticBF library version 2.2.0 and the problem still there.

However the use of this library is not a problem with de SMARTMIC package on the STM32F446 board but there is a problem when I use it with the STM32H743 board.

Annabel

AAMAN.1
Associate II

@Imen DAHMEN​ I'm sorry but with this link :

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-aud-smartmic1.html

I downloaded the latest version of the SMARTMIC package (2.2.0) but the version in the AcousticBF library still 2.2.0 even if in the release note of the library it's clearly marked that it was updated on 03-Apr-2020.

Thanks ​@AAMAN.1​ for your update.

I will try to contact expert internally for check and help.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @AAMAN.1​ ,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this, but I was waiting our team for the new version of the AcousticBF library which fix the issue.

As this request is also received via Online-support, our FAE will provide you the library to check the patched version with your full HW setup.

Thanks for your contribution.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
AAMAN.1
Associate II

@Imen DAHMEN​ Thank you for your great help. I have receive today from an ST Support a new version of the AcousticBF library that works with STM32H7 board. So my problem is solved and my project compile correctly now.

Regards,

Annabel

Imen.D
ST Employee

@AAMAN.1​ , thanks for sharing your update.

I'm really glad to know that your problem is resolved 🙂

Imen

Thanks
Imen