cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Commissioning of PMSM Motor

Akhilesh30
Associate II

Hi Team,

We are using this P-NUCLEO-IHM03 board for our motor control application.
Is the Self-commissioning feature available on the MC 6.2.1 workbench?
If yes, then could you please help us enable the functionality? and help us understand this feature in a better way.

Thanks 
Akhilesh

5 REPLIES 5
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

If you mean how to get characteristics from a motor, please check our motor profiler wiki page.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Hi ,

Self Commission means we need to calculate the Rs, Inducatance of the motor, etc during the next start of the motor.

I was going through the code, it has this structure SCC_Handle_t in file mp_self_com_ctrl.h,  and also has some functions which are only defined and not called anywhere.
Could you please help me what are these and how to use these.

Regards,
Akhilesh

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

As mentioned in motor profiler wiki page "Motor profiler algorithm is provided into the MCSDK firmware as a library". Functions will be called once project generated with motor profiler selected.

This motor profiler should be considered as a standalone feature that helps to characterize the motor prior of motor control processes.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Hi,

My question is that how does motor calibrate itself, like the stator resistance, inductance etc will change over time and temperature.
Is there a way we identify these parameters during every motor start or other way.

Regards,
Akhilesh

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

For current NUCLEO-G431RB MCSDK implementation, motor variables are considered as they have been computed on profiling process and it is not planned, for current SDK FOC feature, to add a way to update these parameters every motor start.

Best regards.
GMA