Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orange over voltage error in the Motor Profiler and in the Motor Pilot

Gnahore
Senior

Hello,

I working with a motor that has very few info : motormotor

Based on the picture, to do the profiling (in ST Motor profiler) of this motor. 

Pole pairs : 42

Max speed : 600

Max current : 5A

Voltage : 24V but the application show 23V (therefore 12V as under voltage threshold and 28V as over voltage threshold)

When I connect the device and start the profiling, after few moments, the profiling stops with orange over voltage error. I guess it's more a warning than an error but where this come from and how to not have it anymore?

I'm asking this because it seems that ignoring the very first step in my project bring me more troubles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved the speed feedback error by myself by filtering the noise that come with the hal sensors. I changed the capacitor associated with a lower value (from pF to nF). I'm working with 200 RPM max

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zied b.
ST Employee

hello @Gnahore , can you try lowering the max current entered on the Profiler, for example put 4 or 3 or less and see if the problem continues to appear? 

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
Gnahore
Senior

Hi @Zied b. thank you for being here again,

I tried different settings all under 24V : 

RPMCurrentobservation
1001.3A"the measurement is taking too time" message and the profiling is stuck at 28%. It keeps spinning. No errors mentionned beside asking me to review the max speed specification
1501.3Asame thing however it stops spinning
2001.3A It get the "measurement is taking too time" message after few seconds, the profiling is complete and so reach 100%
3001.3A "the measurement is taking too time" message and the profiling is stuck at 28%. It keeps spinning. No errors mentionned beside asking me to review the max speed specification
4001.3A5s after clicking on "start profile" I get orange over voltage error, which stop the profiler. Also from my generator, it look like with this setting, a single spin then a short cut happens. 
5001.3A//
6001.3A//

I didn't notice any change with changing the current. Should I just considere 200 RPM as the real max RPM then move on? 

If yes then I saved it and used it for my project. I generated the code with MC DSK then ran it but nothing happens, so I opened ST motor pilot and saw that I'm having a speed feedback error : Capture d’écran 2023-09-11 155935.png 

What should I do? 

I solved the speed feedback error by myself by filtering the noise that come with the hal sensors. I changed the capacitor associated with a lower value (from pF to nF). I'm working with 200 RPM max