cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set open loop voltage

cdoel
Associate

**EDIT: I misunderstood the implementation of the open loop mode, as I thought it was performing open loop SVPWM at a particular modulation index. After reviewing the open loop documentation within the motor control docs I now understand that this is not the case and will attempt to use it properly... please feel free to delete this post**

Motor control workbench version : 6.3.0
Motor pilot version: 1.2.9

Hello!

I would like to perform an open loop modulation test. After configuring the project to allow open loop and selecting OPEN_LOOP_VOLTAGE mode within the profiler, I am unable to alter the voltage reference within the advanced pane. As soon as I alter the value, it is immediately reset back to 0. If I run the open loop modulation with a voltage ref of 0 then the high side U FET sweeps from 0% duty cycle to 100% which subsequently trips the power supply and produces an undervoltage fault. Are you able to assist me on setting an appropriate voltage/modulation index for open loop commutation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @cdoel,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please, consider clicking on 'Accept as solution' to keep your message that could be helpful for other users facing the same question.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @cdoel,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please, consider clicking on 'Accept as solution' to keep your message that could be helpful for other users facing the same question.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA