cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not possible to create motor control project with FOC with custom power board

pranz-24
Associate II

I am unable to create motor control project with FOC algorithm using custom power. It generates an error:

It is not possible to create a motor control project with the FOC algorithm using the selected hardware. No proper path for motor control signals was found for the following mandatory features:
 - Current Sensing

For more details, please, look at the following log file in your home directory: .st_workbench/connectAlgo.log

Although I've added current sensing and the report generated is fine.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've also attached the log file.

6 REPLIES 6
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @pranz-24,

Is-it possible to share your power board .json file? 
What is your use-case control board? 

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Sure

The control board I am using is STM32G431RB. (You can also try with STM32G474RE)

Hello @pranz-24,

If you do not intend to use HSO (High Sensitivity Observer) feature speed sensormode, you have to use TwoICSCurrents variant (check "3.1.3.1. Two ICS currents hardware variant" chapter in stwiki page and described in User Manual documentation available through "Workbench tool">About>Documentations>Documentation>"User manual" tab>"Current sampling", "Current sampling in isolated current sensor topology" link.

For HSO purpose, you have to also define PhaseVoltageSensing feature variant in addition of ThreeICSCurrents variant.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Thank you!!
I am able to create a project on the MC Workbench by using Two ICS currents hardware variant. .
But now I am unable to use the quadrature encoder.

Hello @pranz-24,

In your shared PowerBoardTest file, encoder signals were not present.

You can have a look to STEVAL-CTM009V1.json power board description file as example and "quadrature encoder hardware variant" chapters in wiki page.

Best regards.
GMA

Hi @GMA ,

Encoder is present in the PowerBoardTest file. 

I'll go through the wiki page.

Thanks!!