cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config Mechanical parameters for Motor parameters in MC Workbanch V6.2

TomChu
Associate

When I try to set all details into the Motor Control Workbench (with Hall Sensors) at Motor Parameters, there are fields for Inertia and Friction, that I am not sure how to configure.

The motor spec is as below images.

TomChu_0-1698163369956.png  

TomChu_1-1698163394885.png

What should I set for Inertia and Friction.

Inertia:      uN*m*s2

Friction:     uN*m*s

Many thanks,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello TomChu,

Concerning your Inertia and Friction values, know that we provide a tool called MotorProfiler that allows you to get all needed information about your motor. You can find its MCSDK 6.2 startup guide right here.

However, the Inertia and Friction values are only used in the scope of the PID tuning, so a manual configuration is also possible to fit your needs.
Beware that the Hall Sensors profiling is currently not functional on any MCU except G4.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello TomChu,

Concerning your Inertia and Friction values, know that we provide a tool called MotorProfiler that allows you to get all needed information about your motor. You can find its MCSDK 6.2 startup guide right here.

However, the Inertia and Friction values are only used in the scope of the PID tuning, so a manual configuration is also possible to fit your needs.
Beware that the Hall Sensors profiling is currently not functional on any MCU except G4.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.