cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add motor control middleware using STM32CubeIDE / MX project

Kenji1
Senior

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to add the Motor Control library using STM32CubeIDE or STM32CubeMX as shown below figure? Is it possible in the first place?

By the way, the figure is the output result of Motor Control Workbench.

As you know, the X-CUBE-MC SDK tools only generate code projects for supported devices and evaluation boards. If you don't have the device you are using, it will take more time in migrate similar example code.

If I can easily add a library, I would like to do it.

0693W000008zr79QAA.png

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Kenji​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- ?

(HW and SW, CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)

And more especially did you use STM32 MC tools (such as MC_suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, and so on)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Dear Laurent-san

Hi.

I use X-Cube-MCSDK. All project generate by this software, Motor Control Workbench, have motor control setting when open CubeMX project. MCSDK is not user friendly. Its hard to use and implement to any project. 

Do you know the way to load the settings and minimal libraries to drive BLDC motor using STM32CubeIDE?

It’s hard to understand the code output by MCSDK. Mostly not work.

So I’m using TI motor control libraries.​

CKlei.1
Associate III

Hi @Kenji​ 

I think there's no easy way to integrate the MC middleware without the MCSDK.

And yes, the code generated by the MCSDK is not very easy to read, but the functionality of a motor control middleware is never easy to read due to it's complexity....

Back to MCSDK: we generated configuration & code for our specific customized hardware. I guess you have to go a little bit deeper into the MCSDK. It's really a good tool.

Good luck!

MMoha.10
Associate II

Hi @CKlei.1​ ,

Thank you for your post here. I'm trying to do the same (generate configuration and code for my specific customized hardware). Can you please give me some pointers from where to start. The middleware of Motor Control is not available on all MCUs (I'm using a G4 series, and they say the latest SDK (6.x) supports G4 series). How would I go about adapting the MC code for their boards, to our custom board? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.