cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor profiler API for end customer determine Motor parameters

dannypkchan
Associate II

Hi, I would like to design speed controller for electric skateboard, since this is target to end user market, therefore most of the end users may not know their motor's parameter such as Rs, Ls_d, Ls_q etc.,

My question is does ST has API or method for developer to check motor parameter like windows based MOTOR PROFILER tools ?

regards,

Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello Danypkchan,

In the Motor Control SDK, there is currently no API or method to automatically measure or monitor the parameters of the motor. This is a feature that we may add in a near future, but I doubt that it will be fully automatic.

Best Regards,

Fred.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello Danypkchan,

In the Motor Control SDK, there is currently no API or method to automatically measure or monitor the parameters of the motor. This is a feature that we may add in a near future, but I doubt that it will be fully automatic.

Best Regards,

Fred.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards

Lisa1
Associate

Regarding your interest in designing a speed controller for an electric skateboard, you can consider using ST's motor control development kits, such as the EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 or EVALSP820-XS, which are designed for evaluating and developing motor control applications. These kits typically come with software and documentation that can assist you in developing your speed controller.