cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash image for EVSPIN32G4

HAL-9000
Associate II

Is the original flash image (hex-file) for EVSPIN32G4 board available somewhere for download?

11 REPLIES 11
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @HAL-9000​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Please could you describe better your needs?

HAL-9000
Associate II

Hello Cristina,

I have crated the custom ESC board based on a schematic of EVSPIN32G4.

I generated the software fo the STSPIN32G4 in ST Motor Control Workbench and flashed it.

The board does not work with that software. The behaviour I did already described in one another my question from yesterday.

So, my idea is to get the flash image (the hex file) of the EVSPIN32G4 board and to flash it on my board. So, I need the hex file of the EVSPIN32G4, means, the same software that is used in an original EVSPIN32G4 demo boards.

HAL-9000
Associate II

... so my particular need: get the hex or bin file of the software, which is originally flashed by ST on the EVSPIN32G4 boards. Would be great if You can send me the file or share a link to it.

Hi @HAL-9000​,

the EVSPIN32G4 evaluation boards come with a clean flash.

From your other post I noted that you do not have the external crystal mounted on the board.

Did you set the use of the internal oscillator?

You can set it clicking on the Control Unit in the MCU and Clock Frequency Selection:

0693W00000BbLw4QAF.png 

Let me know if this solve your issue.

The picture is not the finally build board. In the final all the components are already in place, also the oscillator.

Of course, I did already try setting the internal and external oscillator in both MCSDK and in the STM32CubeMX. This does not help.

As mentioned, the same behaviour of the software generated by MCSDK I have not only on my STSPIN32G4 (built for EVSPIN32G4) but also on the NUCLEO-G431RB (built for B-G431B-ESC1).

It seems to me to be some general problem for G4 based software builds, because the other builds for other MCUs work fine for me (for example F3 and F4 builds for my X-NUCLEO-IHM06A1 and X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1).

Hello Cristiana,

if you are able to let the MCSDK software successfully running on the EVSPIN32G4 board, could you, please, provide me the corresponding *.mcsdk project file. Or, perhaps, even the complete STM32CubeIDE project as a zip file.

Thank you very much for assist.

Hi @HAL-9000​,

please check if you have installed the last revision of STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-MCSDK (HAL1.4.0 library recommended).

Hello Cristiana,

I am using the following packages (Windows 10):

STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1

STM32CubeMX 6.2.1

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.7.0

MCSDK 5.Y.1

HAL 1.4.0

Hi @HAL-9000​,

thanks for you feedback.

Could you share more details on your compiling error?