cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't load firmware for motor profile

madhavP
Associate

hi,

I used an example in mc workbench because I could not select my controller board as it is not separately available. then I generated a project for excuse and cube ide, I ran the program and had to create a hex file by adjusting settings and flashing that hex file on the controller. still, the motor profiler is unable to read the controller and I am receiving a firmware error. can you provide a proper firmware file for my project, I have tried everything.

Project name9example (example used): Electronic Speed control on B-G431B-ESC1 kit
MCU: STM32G431CB
type: algorithm- FOC, topology- three shunt resistors
Control: B-G431B-ESC1
Powers: B-G431B_ESC1
Motor: SM-PMSM
Description: Electronic speed control on B-G431B-ESC1 kit and SM-PMSM SHINANO motor. (I am using custom made SM_PMSM motor)
then I tried using older versions of mcsdk, the motor profiler reads the boards and then stops, giving the same error
error: firmware error: the firmware detected is not a profiler firmware, please generate a profiler framewire project with the MC workbench

I used this to generate code in IDE, which I flashed on the MCU. However, the motor profiler is still having a firmware error. How can I resolve this?

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @madhavP,

Did you generate the project with the motor profiler feature enabled as described in documentation available through "Workbench tool">About>Documentations>Documentation>"User manual" tab, "Motor Profiler Application Note" on "Figure 3 : MCSDK WB Motor Profiler project flag"?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA