cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple LCD app desired for STM32H747i-DISCO and CubeIDE

BobWalance
Associate III

I just need to draw some lines and add letters to the MB1166 board's LCD.

The closest application that I've found is targeted for Eclipse, and it's going to be very involved to get it working.

I'm trying to get CubeIDE's TouchGFX application running, but's way too big and complex for what I need.

Help locating a simple CubeIDE LCD driver/application for the H747i-DISCO boards would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @BobWalance,

You can start from LCD_DSI examples within STM32CubeIDE, which are available with STM32CubeH7 package: 

STM32CubeH7/Projects/STM32H747I-DISCO/Examples/LCD_DSI at master · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7 · GitHub

More details about LCD configuration provided in:

• UM2411 User manual Discovery kit with STM32H747XI MCU

Hope this helpful for you!

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Simple line and text drawing primitives

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.1\Drivers\BSP\STM32H747I-DISCO\stm32h747i_discovery_lcd.c

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.1\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Examples\JPEG\JPEG_DecodingUsingFs_Polling\CM7\Src\main.c

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes @Imen.D , this is the "Eclipse" application that I mentioned. However, I cannot get it configured properly:

-- I double-click on the '.project' file and STM32CubeIDE starts up and displays this folder in Project Explorer. However, it is not recognized as a proper project (there is no blue IDE logo to the left of LCD_DSI_CmdMode_SingleBuffer).

I can't compile any of the code as is outlined in the 'readme.txt' file. This is where I run into problems with CubeIDE. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to "import" this, and if so how to do the import.

Can you give any tips as to how to proceed?

Thanks for your help on this.

Wow @Tesla DeLorean ! This might be just what I was looking for.

I was able to locate both of those files.

Thanks!