cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get current consumption in sleep mode on STM32L4q5gt6p MCU as per the datasheet.

BGajj.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am using STM32L4q52gt6P controller. for application development, I am using freeRTOS.

When no task running in RTOS at that time I put the controller in sleep mode from the idea task of RTOS.

I have used 12Mhz of HSE, 16Mhz-SYSCLK with PLLCK, AHB Prescaler -1, HCLK 16Mhz, and most of the GPIO are used.

Also, I am using external SMPS for VDD1V2. 

My MCU current Consumption is around 3.24mA in run mode and 1.2mA in Sleep mode.

I have added a snap of the datasheet STM32_RUN_MODE  

0693W00000Y8kX9QAJ.pngI want MCU current consumption as per mentioned for fHCLK 16Mhz in the datasheet.

Anyone, please suggest to me what thing I need to set to achieve 0.88 mA current of CPU?

What are the steps I need to take care to achieve this or where I need to debug or which additional HAL API needs to config 0.88 mA current of CPU?

Your response will be highly appreciable to me  

3 REPLIES 3
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @BGajj.1​ ,

Did you set all free pins as analog ? as it helps reducing the consumption

Please check this article

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Sarra.S​,

Thanks for you response!

20 GPIO pins out of 144 pins I am not using. And yea I have keep those 20 pins as analog.

Is it okay to just keep those pins as analog or i need to disable the clock for those pins?

Piranha
Chief II