cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8T6 working on SMT32 Smart V2.0, but NOT on custom board?

Indu
Associate II

Hi, I have a project that includes STM32F103C8T6 processor. I started with SMT32 Smart V2.0

development board and the code work's fine. 

I draw and make custom PCB, but when I flash code on STM32F103C8T6, which is placed on a custom board, the same code that works on SMT32 Smart V2.0 does not work on custom PCB.

Problems that it shows is some pin does not respond. Like PORTB - PIN0 or PORTA - PIN6 or PIN7.

I don't know what do to. I did check the schematic and it all ok connected.

I only using high speed external 8 MHz crystal from Wurth Electronic (CFPX-104 5 x 3.2) (830 055 663) on my custom PCB.

Could someone else please check schematic.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Perhaps start by putting your own test code on your board and do some basic bring-up testing.

Make sure the 8 MHz starts if you're using that. Output the generated clock via PA8 MCO and scope it.

The part should run from the internal HSI clock also, check that it does that.

Output diagnostics via the serial port so you can understand the internal state, and report if you hit the Error_Handler() or HardFault_Handler(), for example.

Write test code to exercise the GPIO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Check that all grounds and VDD pins are connected - actually measure the continuity between *pin* and power supply.

Check that the power supply is "smooth", with an oscilloscope.

As far as program goes, start with a basic loopdelay blinky, out off the default HSI clock. Or, if the debugger connects, wiggle the pins directly in the debugger.

ST recommends to block the reset pin. You may want to observe its state with oscilloscope.

JW

PS. Change your username to a normal nick.

Indu
Associate II

Ok, somehow It starts working. All I did was update the STM32 System Workbench.