cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ST-LINK detected! - STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1 - Win7 [SOLVED!] CubeProgrammer can see and program the board fine, CubeIDE won’t see the ST-LINK probe.

ELope.2
Associate II

I’m preparing my computer for an upcoming STM32WB55 webinar.

For 3 days I have installed, uninstalled, system restore wipe, and re-install again the latest CubeIDE, CubeMX, CubeProgrammer, and ST-LINK “USB driver (STSW-LINK009) is for ST-LINKV2, ST-LINKV2-1 and STLINK-V3�?.

I created an example project; it builds fine, but at the time of debugging CubeIDE never sees the ST-LINK.

However I can take the resulting *.bin or *.elf from the project’s Debug folder and flash it with CubeProgrammer and run the example in the board (STM32WB5MM-DK in my case).

Also with CubeProgrammer I was able to upgrade the ST-LINK firmware in the STM32WB5MM-DK to the latest.

So although CubeProgrammer can see and program the board fine, CubeIDE won’t see the ST-LINK probe.

Please help.

13 REPLIES 13

Did you try all USB ports ? no USB Hub used ?

Is it also a dell PC ?

Can you try to launch STLinkserver in a cmd window and share the log.

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\stlink_server>stlinkserver.exe -d

Do you have other ST boards that works ?

Yes I tried all my USB Ports. I am using Hp laptop not dell PC.0693W00000BcC16QAF.png0693W00000BcBz0QAF.png

Can you look at the "Unknown device" in devices manager and see what VID and PID it has. If you right click and check properties.

STMicroelectronics has VID 0x483

Seems the STLink usb drivers are not well installed ?

Do you have the admin rights to install STM32CubeIde ?

Did you get any warning or error message while installing STM32CubeIde ?

For the stlinkserver, you can kill it if it was already started by STM32CubeIde.

And relaunch it with -d option to have more verbosity.

IWije.1
Associate

Hello everyone. Finally I have got a solution. Hope this will be helpful for you as well..

I have also encountered the same No st-link detected issue. I have tried installing older versions of cube ide, updating drivers, updating firmware etc. but didn't succeed by anything.

Then I have replaced the libusb-1.0.dll in the stlink server directory. The first time it didn't work. But I kept trying different versions of the libusb-1.0.dll file and finally the issue got solved after installing the latest version of the dll file..

Follow the instructions mentioned by Elope 2 above in this forum.

Here is the link for the latest version of the dll files as of 6th Jan 2022.: https://webwerks.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libusb/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.24/libusb-1.0.24.7z

Depending on your computer settings the required file may differ. If you are not sure about how to decide the correct file, just keep trying every dll file one by one.

I found this working solution after doing tons of searching and trying. So

I hope that this will be helpful for someone. There is always a solution for anything. Just don't give up and keep trying again and again.