cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Tracealyzer in streaming mode with ST-Link V3

paolog
Associate III

I'm currently testing Tracealyzer but I'm having problems in using it in streaming mode. I followed the indications in video "Visual trace diagnostics with STLINK-V3, Percepio Tracealyzer and DevAlert" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZlSuq7TySA) to setup ITM but it seems not to be working. SWV is enabled, clock is set as on target, "Shared ST_LINK" flag seems to have no effect, ITM Stimuls Port is set correclty.

- Tracealyzer 4.8
- STM32CubeIDE 1.15.1
- ST-Link V3 or ST-Link V3 Mini (same result)
- No RTOS (bare metal)
- Custom board

Once the system is set up according to the video, if I start debugging from STM32CubeIDE, starting tracing from Tracealyzer gives the error "Unable to select and reset device" (in the Tracealyzer setting window the ST-LinkID is recognized correclty). The SWV Trace Log window in STM32CubeIDE shows the activity.

If I start the trace from Tracealyzer I can't start debugging from STM32CubeIDE as it stops at the ST-Link firmware verification with the error "No ST-LINK detected".

Seems like it's not possible to access the ST-Link at the same time from the two systems.

Snapshot tracing is working instead.

Do someone has the same issue? How can it be solved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief

>Seems like it's not possible to access the ST-Link at the same time from the two systems.

Right, try to have two drivers in one car - same problem . 🙂

So use IDE/debug , OR Tracealyzer/whatever this is.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AScha.3
Chief

>Seems like it's not possible to access the ST-Link at the same time from the two systems.

Right, try to have two drivers in one car - same problem . 🙂

So use IDE/debug , OR Tracealyzer/whatever this is.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @AScha.3 , thank you for your reply.

You're definitely right, watching the video more carefully I realized they show exclusive use, debugger or analyzer. 👀

Working as expected. 👍