cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just received the STM32F429I-DISC1 but there is no usb cable, is that normal?

KarlY
Associate II

As the title says I just got the stm32f429I-disc1, I was really excited but I realized I couldn't start to play with it because there is no usb cable to connect a PC to the board.

Is it normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @KarlY,

Let me first welcome you to the Community 🙂

Additional hardware accessories are needed to use the board and run your applications:
– ‘USB type A to Micro-B' cable, used to connect the board (through USB connector CN5) as USB Device to host PC.

I invite you to check the hardware environments and development recommendations required to build your application around the STM32F429-Disco through this UM1662 Getting started with the STM32F429 Discovery kit.

If you still have issues, don't hesitate to come back to the Community either with new threads or as a continuity of this one (when related to same initial topic).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, None of the NUCLEO or DISCO boards come with cables.

You'll need a Mini-USB data cable

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Oh okay.. does STMicroelectronics sell cable? Also which type do I need to buy ?

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @KarlY,

Let me first welcome you to the Community 🙂

Additional hardware accessories are needed to use the board and run your applications:
– ‘USB type A to Micro-B' cable, used to connect the board (through USB connector CN5) as USB Device to host PC.

I invite you to check the hardware environments and development recommendations required to build your application around the STM32F429-Disco through this UM1662 Getting started with the STM32F429 Discovery kit.

If you still have issues, don't hesitate to come back to the Community either with new threads or as a continuity of this one (when related to same initial topic).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

ST isn't in that business, it's a standard Mini-B cable sort of thing you might have lying around or grab from Amazon. Bit chunkier than the Micro-B used for charging these days, but the connector is more robust and less likely to tear off at the first opportunity. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..