cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing via a onboard debugger

SumitAdep
Associate

There is an onaboard st-link programmer/debugger on my stm32 Nucleo-F446ZE development board.

I want to know can I use this st-link to flash my LoRa E5 Mini board which does not have any onboard programmer/debugger facility.
If yes kindly provide me connection diagram

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SumitAdep,

You mean this Lora E5 mini dev board?

Open STM32CubeProgrammer and connect ST-Link and Lora-E5 programmer to USB ports. 

Press and hold the RST button on the Lora-E5 module. Then, ‘Connect’ on the STM32CubeProgrammer.

Please refer to this wiki guide on how to develop step-by-step the Lora E5 mini dev board with STM32Cube MCU Package.

Attention to this tip:

• Factory AT Firmware is programmed with RDP (Read Protection) Level 1, developers need to remove RDP first with STM32Cube Programmer. Note that regression RDP to level 0 will cause a flash memory mass to erase and the Factory AT Firmware can't be restored again.
  • The "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin on the Wio-E5 module is just a normal GPIO, not the "BOOT0" pin of the MCU. This "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin is used in the bootloader of the Factory AT firmware, to decide to jump to APP or stay in bootloader (for DFU). The real "BOOT0" pin doesn't pinout to the module, so users need to be careful when developing the low-power applications

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

There should be a CN5 header diagram in the NUCLEO's User Manual

On the Lora E5 mini dev you should see DIO CLK GND 3V3

Disconnect the local target from the NUCLEO's debugger, remove jumper pair from CN4

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um1974-stm32-nucleo144-boards-mb1137-stmicroelectronics.pdf

NUC144_SWD.jpg

CN6.1 3V3

CN6.2 JTCK/SWCLK

CN6.3 GND

CN6.4 JTMS/SWDIO

CN6.5 NRST

CN6.6 SWO/PB3

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..