cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while debugging a project in STM32CubeIDE

TKopp.67
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I succeeded to import a project for a STM32F405 inside the STM32CubeIDE. It means i created an empty STM32Cube project and imported my own sources and Makefile. I succeeded to compile it and run a debug session after modifying the project and adding the debug flags in the different Makefiles of my project. The debug session works well, i can use live expression, and make step by step.

But when i reach one particular function, then i can't use any buttons like "Step over" or others. I can only pause the debug session and then i get this message : "Break at address "0x1fff36a8" with no debug information available, or outside of program code".

I checked in the memory map and saw that this is the system memory but i don't know why it goes there.

I also several time got this error : No source available for "(gdb[23].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[23].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

Did anyone already dealed with those ?

I attach the configuration files of my project if anyone knows how to read them and could find the problem.

Let me know if any other information could be helpful.

Thanks for your answer,

Thomas

30 REPLIES 30

Radosław
Senior II

This external library is also use nano lib? this is c++ library? etc.

Yes, i ask about default handler, systick? Strange, but i wil be hard to find. I don't like to create libraries *.a.

I don't have the sources of this library so i removed it from the project (as it's not compiled with debug flags).

I am sorry but what you mean by default handler ? we use them as defined in the libopencm3. Yes, if i enable the systick interrupt i get my error. But the strange thing is that when i put a break point in the systick interrupt handler the execution never stops inside. But my application is running normally which means systick works but the debugger can't put breakpoint inside and gets lost after that.

And sorry now i am free to answer you as soon as you ask me something. I was wondering if it could be the libopencm3 as it uses a different linker.

(cortex-m-generic from libopencm3) and STM32F405RFTX_FLASH.ld from stm32cubeIDE autogenerated.

Radosław
Senior II

section for irq table seems be have different names , LD script must be complementary with startup file and irq vector table file.

So you think if in my ld script and the libopencm3 .ld i fix the names it should maybe work ? and that this may be my problem ?

Radosław
Senior II

Seems looks you get 2 irq vectors, i'm not familiar with this library.

Radosław
Senior II

If this is a problem, but names correction isn't solution.

I strongly recomends to clean you project structure.