cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993_EVAL firmware will not work on Rain board

AHeit.1
Associate II

I am trying to test the ST25RU3993_Eval code and .ioc project with the ST25RU3993 Rain Board. I have uploaded the ST25RU3993_eval.bin through the firmware update option under help on the ST25RU3993 Reader Suite, but the board does not recognize it, and gives the error it isn't compatible.

Why is this firmware failing, as it was my understanding this was a compatible firmware for the Rain Board? The project builds correctly within the STMCubeIDE, but the bin file produced will not work as firmware through the suite.

Is there a way to get a hold of the .ioc files for the only firmware that works for the READER? The only firmware I get to work on the RAIN Reader Suite is ST25RU3993_FW_v3-0-0-0_Eval.bin.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Nick K
ST Employee

Hi,

when you say "not working" you mean the Reader Suite GUI can not connect to the board after successful download of your generated bin file ?

For the Reader Suite GUI, the FW and the GUI must have exact the version.

The FW version reported with the GetVersion command and the GUI version visible in the About box.

The Reader Suite GUI first check the version info from the FW and refuse connection to the board if the versions are not the exact the same.

If there is a mismatch please modify the FW version to match the GUI version.

The FW version can be adjusted with the FW_VERSION_MAJOR , FW_VERSION_MINOR, FW_VERSION_MICRO, FW_VERSION_NANO defines in the file st25ru3993_config.h. Rebuild the bin file and try again with the GUI.

To check if your bin file work at all, please flash it to the board and try to execute the STUHFL_demo application project. This is provided with the SDK in the Application directory. When the STUHFL_demo can at least exchange a GetVersion then the bin file must also be correct.

BR

Nick

AHeit.1
Associate II

@Nick K​ ..thank you. I will work that this morning to verify. I appreciate your help.

The compliant I heard was that the GUI's firmware updater complained that the binary was 'not compatible', suggesting some integrity check or expectations it was checking.

It would perhaps be helpful to allow the download of older versions of the GUI software, only 3.0.2 is listed currently.

And improve the messaging to be specific about what is needed.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..