cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative MCU to work with ST25RU3993

TNgo.1
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I am currently testing the UHF RFID board from ST (ST25RU3993-HPEV) and the eval board is using STM32L476RGT6 (Arm®(a) 32-bit Cortex®-M4) as the MCU. Our testing so far has been good and we would like to design our own RFID reader based on this.

Unfortunately, after a search on major component distributor, STM32L476RGT6 is now not in stock, possibly due to the global chip shortage

Is there any potential MCU that can replace STM32L476RGT6 with minimum disruption in firmware development, i.e., we can use the existing Python codes provided by STM and run with the new MCU?

Appreciate your kind support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @TNgo.1​ ,

Looking for an STM32 MCU compatible with STM32L476RGT6, you can refer to this article: How to find compatible devices for an MCU? STM32G473CB as example.

Once you find compatible devices, you have then to check availability.

I hope this can help you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @TNgo.1​ ,

Looking for an STM32 MCU compatible with STM32L476RGT6, you can refer to this article: How to find compatible devices for an MCU? STM32G473CB as example.

Once you find compatible devices, you have then to check availability.

I hope this can help you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.