cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DH temperature correction

BBQ
Associate II

How can I correct the temperature? Is there a correction table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BBQ​ ,

I can share you a representative behavior of the offset and sensitivity vs temperature for the LIS2DH:

• Offset vs temperature

0693W00000Dpm4yQAB.png

• Sensitivity vs temperature

0693W00000Dpm3vQAB.pngYou can see that, if the sensitivity has a quite clear descending trend vs temperature, the offset is a bit more scattered.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @BBQ​ ,

Ambient temperature is compensated at production level, and values are stored in reserved registers.

You can however use the suggested compensation that you can find in the datasheet, p.10 and 11, under the name "Sensitivity change vs temperature", which is 0.01 %/°C typ.

If you have an external reference at 25°, you can also compensate the Zero-g level change vs temperature offset, which in any case should be typ ±0.5mg/°C.

-Eleon

I would like to compensate the Zero-g level by temperature changes. The offset value is +-0.5mg/℃, but does it change to plus or minus? Can you provide offset value list?

Hi @BBQ​ ,

the offset depends on the specific device, and it is +-0.5g at ... you should check the internal embedded temperature sensor and compare it with a reference sensor, and evaluate from it the sign of the offset. Is it feasible for you?

-Eleon

BBQ
Associate II

You mean should we have to measure the Zero-g level offset value for each device one by one?

Hi @BBQ​ ,

if you want to be accurate for your application, a preliminary offset characterization and its compensation is well suggested.

-Eleon

BBQ
Associate II

​Thank you for the reply.

However, You don't know if the offset value for each devices will be plus or minus, right? If so, we can not correct the value. Am i right?

Hi @BBQ​ ,

I can share you a representative behavior of the offset and sensitivity vs temperature for the LIS2DH:

• Offset vs temperature

0693W00000Dpm4yQAB.png

• Sensitivity vs temperature

0693W00000Dpm3vQAB.pngYou can see that, if the sensitivity has a quite clear descending trend vs temperature, the offset is a bit more scattered.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon