cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS3DWB - ODR Accuracy

Wellett
Associate

Hello,
I am working with the IIS3DWB for a vibration monitoring sensor, and have a few questions about the ODR (Output Data Rate) accuracy, hoping someone can help me.

1. I know that on the datasheet the ODR accuracy is stated as +-1% typ, or +-2% Max.
I want to know, does this accuracy specification include using the INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE register to correct the ODR (See page 45)? If we use the contents of that register is the tolerance considered more accurate?

2. I am also curious if anyone knows the INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE register is set once in manufacture, or if the contents change over time. Should I read this register once or read it regularly to update my data rate correction.
2.a. I know there is also a characteristic to describe the ODR change with respect to temperature. Is this characteristic captured in the adjustment provided by the INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE register? Or would it be beneficial for me to apply this correction in post processing?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this or point me to more resources!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Wellett ,

Welcome to ST Community!

1. No, the INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE reg was not enabled. If you use it, the accuracy will improve.

2. It is set once in manufacture.

3. With the INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE register you will improve the value at 25DegC

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Wellett ,

Welcome to ST Community!

1. No, the INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE reg was not enabled. If you use it, the accuracy will improve.

2. It is set once in manufacture.

3. With the INTERNAL_FREQ_FINE register you will improve the value at 25DegC

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the fast response, it is very helpful!

Thanks,
William