cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which pedometer tool functions are avaliable in offline mode of Unico GUI?

KWern.1
Associate II

I am working on improving the pedometer functionality on a sensortile.box device.

I would like to use the regression tool provided in the Unico GUI, to use pre-recorded data patterns to configure the pedometer.

The problem I ran into is, that if I load patterns into the Debug /Data Injection Tool, they are either not recognized, or the values are 0 or -2147483648 (min value of signed 32 bit int), or the program crashes instantly without error code.

If I use the regression tool on my pattern folder, it does something and creates a .ucf and config file, but no matter what patterns I give the tool, the .ucf is always the same.

The Patterns were tested in the MLC Tool, which accepted them and interpreted them correctly.

The only reason I could think of is, that the extra motherboard is needed in order to use these tools, but I was not able to verify or disprove this assumption, so I would be thankful for an answer to that.

Best Regards,

K. Werner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KWern.1​ ,

the Debug/Data injection tool works only with the ProfiMEMS board (STEVAL-MKI109V3) plugged in.

The regression tool can work also offline (without the board), and for a check about the usage of the tool I suggest you to refer to the youtube tutorial video and to the Unico user manual, in particular for the paragraph related to the data to be imported (Pedometer tool), as shown in the section highlighted in yellow:

0693W00000Dpi20QAB.png 

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KWern.1​ ,

the Debug/Data injection tool works only with the ProfiMEMS board (STEVAL-MKI109V3) plugged in.

The regression tool can work also offline (without the board), and for a check about the usage of the tool I suggest you to refer to the youtube tutorial video and to the Unico user manual, in particular for the paragraph related to the data to be imported (Pedometer tool), as shown in the section highlighted in yellow:

0693W00000Dpi20QAB.png 

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

KWern.1
Associate II

Thanks a lot, very helpful!