cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKS4A1 eCompass application with Unicleo-GUI

MRaff.1
Associate III

Hello, I am trying to test the e-compass application with the IKS4A1 connected to a Nucleo-F446 and Unicleo-GUI. 

The firmware of the Nucleo F446 was produced from Cube-MX following the "Getting started with the STMicroelectronics X-CUBE-MEMS1 software package for STM32MX".

For some unexplainable (to me) reason, it looks like the board looks for sensors placed on another expansion board I don't have so that I am unable to get sensor data from the magnetometer placed on the IKS4A1.

The IKS4A1 magnetometer is placed on the right side of the board. I have not the green board shown in the picture and it seems to me I have not configured it. 

MRaff1_0-1706620923031.png

When I open Unicleo the user message tab shows:

Port: COM8 Successfully Opened
PresString Received: MEMS shield demo,12,10.0.0,1.5.0,IKS4A1
Firmware Type: E-Compass
Expansion Board IKS4A1 Successfully Initialized

but nothing works.

Here my Cube project. 

Any help will be very appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @MRaff.1,

I have analyzed your .ioc file and you have to enable interrupt for TIM3.

MiroslavBATEK_1-1706693931251.png

I recommend you to increase stack size as well.

MiroslavBATEK_2-1706693970154.png

After that it works as expected.

There is a bug in Unicleo-GUI which displays a DIL24 adapter even if it is not used, but this is only graphical issue, all the remaining functions work well. Anyway I would recommend you to use MEMS Studio which is our new tool.

MiroslavBATEK_3-1706694224930.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello @MRaff.1,

I have analyzed your .ioc file and you have to enable interrupt for TIM3.

MiroslavBATEK_1-1706693931251.png

I recommend you to increase stack size as well.

MiroslavBATEK_2-1706693970154.png

After that it works as expected.

There is a bug in Unicleo-GUI which displays a DIL24 adapter even if it is not used, but this is only graphical issue, all the remaining functions work well. Anyway I would recommend you to use MEMS Studio which is our new tool.

MiroslavBATEK_3-1706694224930.png

Thank you Miroslav, set the TIM3 interrupt and increased the stack size, installed MEMS-Studio and now everything is fine. I am very happy. Thank you!!!!