cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going crazy, look at the photos: if I move the SWD CLK connection in one point of the breadboard the connection works, in another it doesn't! The chip is a STM32L412KB, I tried to replace it but nothing! I also replaced the ST-LINK but nothing yet.

APast.1
Associate II

0693W000008y6ScQAI.jpg0693W000008y6SmQAI.jpg0693W000008y6SwQAI.jpg0693W000008y6T1QAI.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Check the continuity

Check signal with scope ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
GPerk.1
Associate III

Your STLink works. I have similar issue, on my L073 the StLink couldn't t connect. It was connecting and suddenly ST link interface stopped to work - on good few chips. St link was able to downlod the code in USART mode.

For me it is an issue with the chip - it is very sensitive.

Try following:

1. Ensure you StLink works on some other device.
  2. Connect the uC via USART in boot mode

The CM0 parts want slower clocks on the SWD

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Piranha
Chief II
  1. That is not a genuine ST-LINK, but a Chinese clone. Who knows how reliable it is...
  2. The shorter path works, while the longer one with two additional connections doesn't - nothing crazy.
  3. Try lower SWD frequencies.

... Check the continuity

It's ok.

... Check signal with scope

It seems that the MC is not responding in the second position of the breadboard.

first:0693W000008y6xVQAQ.jpgsecond:

0693W000008y6xaQAA.jpg 

... Ensure you StLink works on some other device.

I tried another StLink, same behavior.

... Connect the uC via USART in boot mode.

I will try

1. true
  2. in reality if I keep the same length as in the second case but I change the final position in some cases it works. This drives me crazy 🙂
  3. i tried up to 15 khz, nothing to do

1. I mean you need connect under reset , but this clone dont have this prepared, need little change
  2. your board have crazy connection remove it from universal and connect wires directly GND 3V3 SWCLK SWIO
  1. Could you please explain to me what these changes are?
  2. unfortunately if I directly connect stlink to the MC it works but as soon as I connect the other pins to the breadboard it stops working