cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STM32CUBEMX to generate STM32L053R8T project

DUgbo.1
Associate II

STM32CubeMX version 6.1.1

Generated a project using STM32CubeMX for an STM32L053R8T device. The import into VisualGDB on visual studio failed after consulting VisualGDB support. They found that the  .gpdsc file generated by the STM32CubeMX is referencing a header file that doesn’t exist.

The header file that was missing from the STM32CubeMX project was Drivers/STM32L0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32l0xx_hal_dma_ex.h

Manually copying the file from the repo to this location in the project solved the import\build issue with VisualGDB

4 REPLIES 4
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @DUgbo.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, I'll check the problem then I'll get back to you.

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

I have check it from my side by creating a new empty project using the STM32L053R8T part number through CubeMX 6.1.1 with Other Toolchain selected, and the <file category="header" condition="" name="Drivers\STM32L0xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32l0xx_hal_dma_ex.h"/> is well generated in .gpdsc file.

Could you please share your ioc file @DUgbo.1​ to check more your case?

Thanks, Khouloud

DUgbo.1
Associate II

The .gpdsc file does mention the file stm32l0xx_hal_dma_ex.h but the Inc folder on my machine does not have the file(screen shot below)

I have also included a Sample .ioc file that was used to generate this folder

0693W000007ZScpQAG.png

Hello @DUgbo.1​ 

I understood the problem now, thank you for the details.

In fact, the CubeL0 does not contain the stm32l0xx_hal_dma_ex.h file, and consequently, the  <file category="header" condition="" name="Drivers\STM32L0xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32l0xx_hal_dma_ex.h"/> need to be removed in this case.

Issue confirmed and it will be fixed.

Many thanks for raising this problem to our attention, Khouloud