cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX Register Callback does not work / is missing for SDADC

Heiko_Gericke
Associate

Bug Description

STM32CubeMX offers the user an option to register their own callback functions under the advanced settings tab:

Screenshot 2024-04-15 173924.jpg

In this example i have enabled the callback registration for CAN aswell as the SDADC. After generating the code my stm32f3xx_hal_conf.h file looks like this:

#define  USE_HAL_ADC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* ADC register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_CAN_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         1U /* CAN register callback enabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_COMP_REGISTER_CALLBACKS        0U /* COMP register callback disabled      */
#define  USE_HAL_CEC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* CEC register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_DAC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* DAC register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_SRAM_REGISTER_CALLBACKS        0U /* SRAM register callback disabled      */
#define  USE_HAL_SMBUS_REGISTER_CALLBACKS       0U /* SMBUS register callback disabled     */
#define  USE_HAL_NAND_REGISTER_CALLBACKS        0U /* NAND register callback disabled      */
#define  USE_HAL_NOR_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* NOR register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_PCCARD_REGISTER_CALLBACKS      0U /* PCCARD register callback disabled    */
#define  USE_HAL_HRTIM_REGISTER_CALLBACKS       0U /* HRTIM register callback disabled     */
#define  USE_HAL_I2C_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* I2C register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_UART_REGISTER_CALLBACKS        0U /* UART register callback disabled      */
#define  USE_HAL_USART_REGISTER_CALLBACKS       0U /* USART register callback disabled     */
#define  USE_HAL_IRDA_REGISTER_CALLBACKS        0U /* IRDA register callback disabled      */
#define  USE_HAL_SMARTCARD_REGISTER_CALLBACKS   0U /* SMARTCARD register callback disabled */
#define  USE_HAL_WWDG_REGISTER_CALLBACKS        0U /* WWDG register callback disabled      */
#define  USE_HAL_OPAMP_REGISTER_CALLBACKS       0U /* OPAMP register callback disabled     */
#define  USE_HAL_RTC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* RTC register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_SPI_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* SPI register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_I2S_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* I2S register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_TIM_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* TIM register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_TSC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* TSC register callback disabled       */
#define  USE_HAL_PCD_REGISTER_CALLBACKS         0U /* PCD register callback disabled       */

As one can see, the define for CAN is correctly set to 1U and is working like expected, but the #define for the SDADC is completely missing.

Steps to reproduce the issue

I am using STM32CubeMX 6.11.0 with a configured project for the STM32F373CCT6 MCU using the STM32Cube FW_F3 V1.11.4 Firmware Package. I'm currently using STM32CubeIDE 1.14.1. I configured the SDADC peripheral for SDADC1 and SDADC3, both configured as 'Single-Ended zero reference'. After this i enabled the register callback option for SDADC under 'Project Manager>Advanced Settings>Register CallBack'. Then press 'Generate Code'.

Using these steps i can reproduce the code that i added above, where the #define for using the SDADC register callback is completely missing from the stm32f3xx_hal_conf.h file

Quick but "dirty" fix

For a quick fix i was able to define USE_HAL_SDADC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS with value 1 as a symbol in CubeIDE under 'Properties>C/C++ General>Paths and Symbols>Symbols' for all configurations and languages, but i hope this will only be a temporary fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Heiko_Gericke ,

The issue is reported internally to our team (Internal ticket number: 179076 ) and this will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Mahmoud

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @Heiko_Gericke ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

The request is under investigation, and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Hello @Heiko_Gericke ,

The issue is reported internally to our team (Internal ticket number: 179076 ) and this will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Mahmoud

Hey Mahmoud,

the quick reply is appreciated. I'm looking forward for this to be fixed.

Thanks,

Heiko