cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX: where is the function that changes the button image?

Lagodolio
Senior

In my previous post (Calling different functions when a button is pressed or released (Partially Solved): https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Wa1k2SAB/calling-different-functions-when-a-button-is-pressed-or-released-partially-solved ) I partially solved my problem by modifying the handlePressedUpdated() function.

But now I noticed a strange behavior: if I press/release the button all is OK, but if I press the button, swipe my finger out from the button area, and release, the button image become "unpressed" as soon I exit from the button area, but the "action on release" wasn't called.

I probably need to hook or modify the function that calls the changing of the button image by adding a function call, but I wasn't able to find that function (and I'm not sure it is the right way...).

Have a good day,

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

I mean this is normal touch reaction when you swipe you dont click simply, then release is filtered.

Lagodolio
Senior

The problem is not when I swipe from an external zone to the button zone, but when I click the button, move away and release: the physical (not "software") LED controlled by the button stay glow UP. 

Ok, but when I exit the button area, the button image switches from ON to OFF.

Well, I wish I "intercept" this signal to send the released button instruction also when you go out of the button zone to switching the LED off...

Lagodolio
Senior

For the moment I adopt a "trivial" solution. I insert a "switch_off_all_LEDS()" directly in AbstractButtonContainer.hpp

virtual void handlePressedUpdated()
  {
     if (pressed==true)
     {
    	button_pressed=true;
     }
     else{
    	 button_pressed=false;
    	 switch_off_all_LEDS();
     }
  }

I'm looking for a better solution...