cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx simulation error

rohamid
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded TouchGFX version 4.23.2 and tried running the example on my STM32F7508-DK. However, when I click the simulation button, I encounter these errors. Can anyone help me with this issue? I'm running TouchGFX on Windows 11

Run Simulator
Generate
Done
Generate Assets
make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8
Reading ./application.config
Reading ./target.config
Done
Post Generate
touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj
Done
Post Generate Target
touchgfx update_project
.cproject file: ../STM32CubeIDE/.cproject
Writing STM32CubeIDE project file: ../STM32CubeIDE/.project
Writing STM32CubeIDE project file: ../STM32CubeIDE/.cproject
Done
Compile
make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile -j8
Reading ./application.config
Reading ./target.config
/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\make.exe -f generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile -r -s -rs -j --jobserver-fds=gmake_semaphore_17700 build_executable'
generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile:155: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed
make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 258
simulator/gcc/Makefile:32: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Failed
Failed

9 REPLIES 9

Hello @rohamid ,

Welcome to the community! 
Have you applied any changes to the Makefile inside your project?
Are you using the TouchGFX Board Setup for STM32f7508 Discovery Kit or are you trying to create your own project?
Can you share the TouchGFXDesigner.log that is available inside AppData\Roaming\TouchGFX-4.23.2 ? (After trying to run the simulator that causes the error)
You can quickly access that folder by typing %appdata% in the windows search bar.

Thank you

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
rohamid
Associate II

No, I just wanted to see the example running in the simulator before downloading it to my development board. When I tried to create my own project, it still wouldn't run in the simulator. I understand, I'll upload the log files. By the way, I also tried with other TouchGFX versions, v4.23.0 and v4.17, and got the same result.

unsigned_char_array
Senior III

@rohamid wrote:

I recently downloaded TouchGFX version 4.23.2 and tried running the example on my STM32F7508-DK.

What example? There are dozens. I just compiled the keyboard example and the dynamic graph example and both run perfectly fine in the simulator. I simply clicked Examples, select board, STM32F7508-DK and then the example. Then I clicked the play button and it just works.

Please tell us what examples you tried. Have you made any modifications?

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.

When I finished installing the latest version of TouchGFX, version 4.23.2, I tried some examples, such as clock and swipe, as well as a few others (I don't remember exactly). However, none of them worked in the simulator when I clicked the run button. Similarly, when I tried creating a new project, it also didn't run in the simulator. I'm using Windows 11 and maybe I'm missing some dependencies or something (please let me know if there's anything I need to do before starting TouchGFX).

I didn't modify anything, I just tried the examples and wanted to see how they work in the simulator. Back when I was using Windows 10, TouchGFX could run in the simulator without any issues.

No, I just wanted to see the example running in the simulator before downloading it to my development board. When I tried to create my own project, it still wouldn't run in the simulator. I understand, I'll upload the log files. By the way, I also tried with other TouchGFX versions, v4.23.0 and v4.17, and got the same result.

I'm using Windows 11 too. I installed TouchGFX V4.23.2 a week ago so it's a pretty fresh installation, though I have rebooted my PC once. Did you reboot your PC?

I see something interesting in the log file: "TouchGFXPackages.Implementation.FileDownloader: Take operation was canceled. IsCancellationRequested=True". Perhaps it's trying to download something and failing.

Have you tried saving the project in a short path without spaces? Such as "C:\source\example1"

Have you tried reinstalling?

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.

I haven't tried rebooting after installing TouchGFX.

Is it possible that TouchGFX is trying to download example asset files and failing? I've been having issues with my internet connection to ST recently. Even in STM32CubeIDE, I failed to authenticate.

I saved the project in the directory recommended by TouchGFX, and I haven't tried saving it in another directory yet.

When not work after reboot try

MM1_0-1715795074577.png

Hello @rohamid ,

Have you tried this good recommendation by @MM..1 ?

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX