cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect with my board

NPAND.11
Associate

I bought new STM32F303VCT6 Discovery board .I connect it to the laptop with using USB user port of the board just for checking it is working or not , after that I saw window pop-up with readme and something and I ignored that referring to user manual I configure the MEMS sensors on the board (Compass,Gyro) and that was working find according to the manual and after that when I reconnected to my laptop board led is working but this time pop-up doesn’t appeared. I downloaded cube Mx , keil u vision 5 and after seeing a video I also downloaded CUBE IDE , I was trying to print hello world using ITM and SVW at that point of time I don’t know what happened when I connect my board with USB USER my laptop says “ USB doesn’t not recognised or may be malfunctioned “ after checking device manager a driver problem is “ Driver descriptive request failed “ “ CODE 43�? I have tried to solve this but unable to do after that when I try to connect my Board using ST-LINK debugger usb port now it pop-up a window with read -me and mbed.html file and seems like my laptop recognising my discovery board as storage device . I am very new to the STM 32 please help

2 REPLIES 2

The USER USB is NOT the one to use, that would be if you had some USB Device code loaded on to the F3 itself.

You want to connect to the ST-LINK USB, which should present as a CDC/VCP and MSC type device, the MSC allowing for a drag-n-drop of files onto the micro-controller.

As I recall the ITM/SWV mode requires you make one of the solder-bridges on the board. For the VCP you need to determine which USART/PINS the F3-DISCO uses to connect that.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @NPAND.1​ ,

If @Community member​ 's answer solved your issue, please mark it as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen