cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone. I want to use my 7inch LCD screen with TouchGFX using STM32F429 processor. My LCD screen has SSD1963 drive and has FT5426 touch. I can show normal images on my screen. But I didn't manage to integrate it with TouchGFX. Please help me.

MKoca.1
Senior

39 REPLIES 39
Michael K
Senior III

Lacking further details, your best bet for help is the board bring-up documentation.

MKoca.1
Senior

I had run TouchGFX with STM32F429's own screen. But I cannot configure TouchGFX on an external display. I think I couldn't configure the FrameBuffer properly.

Hi.

How do you want to attach the SSD1963?

It can handle different connection types. The way forward depends on that.

MKoca.1
Senior

I'm running the screen with FMC, but TouchGFX doesn't see my frame buffer. I am not sure my configurations are correct.

0693W000006FR10QAG.jpg0693W000006FR0qQAG.jpg0693W000006FR0bQAG.jpg0693W000006FQwLQAW.jpg0693W000006FR0HQAW.jpg0693W000006FQzsQAG.jpg0693W000006FQzYQAW.jpg

If you have non-TouchGFX examples where your display is working, then use the same framebuffer address with TouchGFX. Here you set it to 0x60000000.

Also I advice to not use DMA2D with TouchGFX and for transferring to the display. Start with No acceleration for TouchGFX. When it works, you can add it again. Problem is to synchronize the two users of DMA2D (waiting and handling in the interrupt handler).

MKoca.1
Senior

Thank you very much for your answer, I will try this. I'll rewrite the next events here.

MKoca.1
Senior

@Flemming Gram CHRISTENSEN​ 

Hello again. As you said, I define the address 0x60000000 as SingleBuffer. But I couldn't figure out how to fill the Buffer. How do I send the TouchGFX pixels to my own buffer? Could you share a clear and understandable function of this?

Hello.

TouchGFX will draw into that buffer automatically when you setup TouchGFX in CubeMX and pass that address.

You can read more about setting up TouchGFX for FMC displays here:

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/touchgfx-hal-development/scenarios/scenarios-fmc/

You can also be inspired by looking in the TouchGFX application templates for F412 or F496. They also use FMC displays.

Go to the TouchGFX Designer and start a new project for one of these boards and take a look into the code.

Regards

MKoca.1
Senior

@Flemming Gram CHRISTENSEN​ 

I have repeatedly read the FMC configuration and tried to implement it. I think my main problem is that the flushFrameBuffer function of the interrupt I created is not dropping. So my code never goes into that function. There are also 2 flushFrameBuffer functions. One I think is in generatedHal. And this function has DMA settings. I don't know how to fill this function when I don't use DMA.