cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE does not see ST-Link Server

gadzhi
Associate II

Hello. I don't know exactly what the IDE needs, but it doesn't seem to see the St link server, but at the same time says that it is installed. When you press the Debug or Run button, a window appears with the inscription "ST-Link Server is required to launch the debug session. Please download in on www.st.com".0693W000006Ej45QAC.pngI tried versions 1.5, 1.4 and as far as I remember 1.1. I wanted to try other versions, but the download was constantly interrupted. Is it just me or everyone? It looks like the site needs mirrors.

Separately downloaded St-link-server 2.0.2. At the time of installation, the answer was

"sudo ./st-stlink-server.2.0.2-1-linux-amd64.install.sh 

[sudo] пароль дл�? gadzhi:   

Creating directory makeself_dir_o9t3i4

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing STM STLink-Server installer 100%  

STMicroelectronics Software License Agreement

<License...>

License accepted.

stlink-server v2.0.2 (2020-10-13-14:11) installation started.

Already installed version is newer or equal: �?трока 64:

NOT downgrading. Aborting stlink-server installation.

Error installing stlink-server".

I also tried to install the server through Help> Install New Software ... Answer:

"Cannot complete the request. See the error log for details.

"STM32CubeIDE MCU External Tools ST-LINK GDB Server" will be ignored because a newer version is already installed. 

"STM32CubeIDE MCU External Tools SEGGER J-Link GDB server" will be ignored because a newer version is already installed. 

"STM32CubeIDE MCU External Tools ST-LINK Server" will be ignored because a newer version is already installed."0693W000006Ej4AQAS.pngMy main system is Manjaro Linux (system updated). Everything works well on Windows 10. I tried to program two boards and there were no problems.

I am newbie, don't kick me hard and please explain in detail.

I am looking for a solution in 4 or 5 days. I was looking for two of them incorrectly - why the IDE does not see stlink, but it turned out that it does not see not stlink, but stlink server.

I searched a lot and everywhere, asked in many Telegram chat channels. I came here last, because I prefer to look for the answer myself and because I don't know English and this is Google Translator. Therefore, I'm sorry if you don't understand something in this text.

16 REPLIES 16
maharramov
Associate II

Hi Gadzi! I also just encountered the same problem on Windows 10. Very strange that it suddenly stopped working. Being a newbie unfortunately I cannot help either. But I am trying now to see what potentially could go wrong.

SSerj.1
Associate II

Hi i was helped by installing en.st-link-server and additional packages in linux:

sudo apt-get install libncurses5 libgpm2:i386 libncurses5:i386

and select sudo usermod -a -G dialout user_name, then reboot the system, after that everything is determined

(mxlinux distribution)

Hz.1
Associate

Hi

I met the same problem on Ubuntu 20.04, CubeIde 1.5.1​

tried to install st-link server from st.com website or `install new software` in CubeIde, do not work

tried SSerj.1's method, do not work

need help plz!

I installed the same versions of packages that you specified, and also gave permission to the user, but nothing has changed.

This is the default debugger configuration

0693W000007B9MVQA0.png0693W000007B9MLQA0.png0693W000007B9M1QAK.png0693W000007B9LwQAK.png

KCamp.1651
Associate

The following solved the problem for me (Windows 10, CubeIde 1.5.1):

1. Download stlink-server 2.0.2-1 from the ST website
  2. Close all instances of CubeIDE
  3. Rename "C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\stlink_server" e.g. to old_stlink_server
  4. Run the stlink-server installer, st-stlink-server.2.0.2-1.msi

In windows 10 everything works for me. What's the path of stlink-server in linux?