cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] The IDE version has not changed after being updated (LINUX)

Not applicable

After installing update 1.4.1 the splash field showing 1.4.0 has not changed.

It continues even after opening and closing several times.

In Windows I noticed that this occurs only once, then the number is corrected.

(I am reporting this, because if a simple version number has not been updated correctly, I wonder what else may be going on)

3 REPLIES 3
Florent V
Associate II

Hi,

Do you use the restart button (Menu: File -> Restart) to close/open the CubeIDE?

Because just after the update if you still only use the restart button the splash field is not updated:

0693W000003PEebQAG.png

But then as soon as you close the CubeIDE through red cross or File -> Exit menu the splash field is updated:

0693W000003PEgrQAG.png

Kind Regards

Not applicable

Thanks, I tried both restart and exit, but haven't updated the splash to 1.4.1 yet.

Not applicable

A new version was made available (1.4.2) and this message appeared:

Insufficient access privileges to apply this update.

I found this:

For Linux Distros, most personal apps for all users are installed in the /opt/ folder. This folder is owned by root. My solution which has been tested to work is simply to open the opt folder in terminal call 'ls' to make sure you see the 'eclipse' folder in your current directory. It may be inside another folder.

Then simply use this command replacing 'user' with your username.

sudo chown -R user:user eclipse/

and that's it. Of course only you will be able to run updates on eclipse but I imagine you are the primary user of the computer.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22963884/eclipse-update-failing-with-message-insufficient-access-privileges-to-apply-thi

The settings have been reset.

But now it was possible to install the update and the splash window is showing 1.4.2.