cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Wish List

scottSD
Senior III

You guys from ST have made great strides in improving TouchGFX (keep up the great work!) so I don't want this to come across as a negative comment. But I think there are things that could be improved. I think others may have suggestions as well.

I thought there was a thread that had a TouchGFX "Wish List" or at least one with known problems. I couldn't find it on here because it's likely months old. Is there a way to make this thread a "sticky" so it stays at the top so others can add review and add to it?

Here is one thing I would like improved:

~After adding an item to the canvas, sometimes I want to move this item down in the order on the "Screens" tab/menu at the left. The "Screens" menu doesn't automatically scroll for you when moving that item in the list of items on the screen. I have to move it to the top or bottom, drop it and then pick it up and move it again. It would be nice if the Designer would automatically scroll this.

23 REPLIES 23
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. This has been added to the list of features to add/improve.

Regarding making this post sticky, I do not know so I'll let @Martin KJELDSEN​ answer that part.

/Alexandre

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hey @scottSD​,

Thanks for the feedback. Don't worry about "negativity" =) We want to do better, and you're always very constructive. Just let it all out!

We can only have 3 stickies, but i think the "ideas" thread might deserve some love ... once i find it.

/Martin

Tuoman
Senior II

One small bug report to contribute:

If TouchGFX designer window is too narrow, Run simulator e.g buttons will overlap with Texts, Config buttons, rendering them unclickable. This happens to me when using laptop screen and splitting the screen in 2 windows.

This could be easily fixed, by throwing the buttons in 2nd row if they overlap.

But anyway, TouchGFX is surprisingly mature and very good quality, extremely happy with it!

scottSD
Senior III

Here is another...

It would be nice if there was some way to copy elements from one instance of TouchGFX to another (from one project to another). I realize this comes with challenges because of the way "generated" files are created. I am running into this a lot and it is frustrating having to redo work that I have already done.

Note that I don't want to copy the entire design, just parts of it. If there isn't a way to do this, some instructions on how to manually do it by merging/copying parts of files would be useful.

FTkal.1
Associate II

Enhancement requests...

* Support for custom widgets would be nice in TouchGFX designer. I don't need full WYSIWYG, just the ability to draw a rectangle, specify the class name and header file, and the generated code (xxxViewBase) to set x/y width/height. I'm finding I have to extend a lot of the provided classes so I have to delete them from the designer and add them in code. It gets hard to layout a screen when you can no longer see your custom elements.

* Better gesture support. I don't know if this is just my lack of under standing of the implementation (gestures.cpp isn't provided). If I swipe on the screen, I get calls to all my overridden methods handleClickEvent, handleDragEvent, and handleGestureEvent, when all I did was swipe - I would only expect a Gesture::Swipe. I see this behaviour also when I have a button on a SwipeContainer. If I swipe, and my initial touch is on the button, the button gets the click event; the container doesn't swipe. To use the swipe container, I need to dodge any controls on the screen - it is not a great user experience.

Frank

hagbard
Associate II

Please make TouchGFX Designer availaible for Linux.

Unfortunately that might not happen before a while

I replied to that post.