cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Wish List

scottSD
Senior III

You guys from ST have made great strides in improving TouchGFX (keep up the great work!) so I don't want this to come across as a negative comment. But I think there are things that could be improved. I think others may have suggestions as well.

I thought there was a thread that had a TouchGFX "Wish List" or at least one with known problems. I couldn't find it on here because it's likely months old. Is there a way to make this thread a "sticky" so it stays at the top so others can add review and add to it?

Here is one thing I would like improved:

~After adding an item to the canvas, sometimes I want to move this item down in the order on the "Screens" tab/menu at the left. The "Screens" menu doesn't automatically scroll for you when moving that item in the list of items on the screen. I have to move it to the top or bottom, drop it and then pick it up and move it again. It would be nice if the Designer would automatically scroll this.

23 REPLIES 23
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

For people willing to add new ideas, you can also write your inputs in the "Idea Zone" section of this forum.

scottSD
Senior III

Please alter the image progress widget to re-render only the areas that are being changed to improve performance.

This is discussed in the following thread:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DJ6zXSAT/imageprogress-widgetis-the-whole-progress-rerendered-when-setvalue-is-called

Thanks, @scottSD​ - This is a general thing with some widgets. E.g. If you use a textarea as wide as your display with CENTER alignment, to avoid having to calculate the coordinates, the entire area will be invalidated.

scottSD
Senior III

Would it be possible to add floating point parameters to the Circle widget in the Designer?

As of the latest version (4.14.0), only integers appear to be valid (start and end angle is in 1 degree increments, for example). It is possible to use floating points for the functions updateArcStart() and updateArcEnd() in the code:

0693W000002lvrYQAQ.png

Would it be possible to add this to the Designer as well?

Anything is possible, Scott! 🙂 I'll do some detective work as to why there's no support for floats in the designer.

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I see that the Circle Widget in the Designer does not support floats in the latest version of TouchGFX (4.15.0).

I forgot about this - made a stern reminder to myself to talk to the designer team about this tomorrow.

Thanks Martin.

A stern reminder? :face_screaming_in_fear:

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Hello Martin, I hope everything is well with you.

I see there is a TouchGFX 4.16.0 now. Do you know if the Circle Widget in the Designer supports floats in that version?

My project is at a stage where I don't want to update to 4.16.0 unless it is really beneficial to me. 😉

I believe it is supported in the code, but because of our Designing of various projects, I could really use floats in the Designer.

Hi @scottSD​,

I don't think the designer team managed to get it in for 4.16.0 - I'll follow up on the priority of this task.

/Martin