cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.box and ST-LINK/V2 programmer adapter and cable

DWind.1
Associate III

Hi!

I found a thread that says thtat the ST-LINK/V2 can be used as in circuit programmer.

SensorTile.box firmware OTA function restore documentation says that the programmer, a  JTAG adapter board V1.0 and a Flat cable to connect JTAG adapter to SensorTile.box is needed.

The SensorTile.box user manual says in chaper 3.3: "... and the most recent release of the Sensortile.box includes an adapter board and cable for the ST-LINK/V2 programming and debugging device."

I ordered two devices of the SensorTile.box but there was no adapter or cable included. Can you give me information where to get those? I could not find them anywhere as separate parts. Are they part of the STLink/V2 package?

And another question: There is a UART for debugging purposes on SensorTile.box pins available. Can I use the STLink/V2 directly to read from those pins with my PC and a serial console? Or do I need a separate converter?

Best wishes,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KBada.1​ ,

that's strange... did you purchase it on the ST eStore?

If so, let's try to manage a shipment to your address. You can write it to me in the Message section (the menu at top right of the page, under the profile picture).

-Eleon

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @DWind.1​ , when did you ordered the two SensorTile.box packs? If you did in the last period, you should have received something like the kit depicted here below:

0693W000000W6pJQAS.jpg

Regards

DWind.1
Associate III

Hi! I ordered 08.01.2020 at Mouser. I received a package like in this video: https://www.rs-online.com/designspark/unboxing-the-sensortile-box-from-stmicroelectronics-1 without adapter and cable.

Hi Dominik, maybe the Mouser stock was not provided by the newest SensorTile.box kits, in that date.

Can you please share me your address? We can ship you one adapter + one cable (at least when the lockdown is over).

Regarding your other question:

>> There is a UART for debugging purposes on SensorTile.box pins available. Can I use the STLink/V2 directly to read from those pins with my PC and a serial console? Or do I need a separate converter?

Please note that the STLINK-V2 is not capable of UART communication for the debugging, but you need the STLINK-V3 programmer. However, STLINK-V3 is 3V compatible, while SensorTile.box is 1.8V compatible. This adapter with the digital level shifters will be soon available online.

Regards

MMade.1
Associate II

Hello Eleon,

we've ordered 4 pieces in May at Mouser, also got the old ones without adapter and cable

BR

Uhm strange... let me check internally...

@DWind.1​ , sorry for the delay, we have had an issue in our stores related to the shipment of the STWIN adapter. Should manage the shipment by next days...

Regards

KPauw.1
Associate

The same here, I ordered one @ mouser last week and received this. I need to upload the software, the unit lost control during an over-air code update.

avoyt.1
Associate

Same as well. No adapter, no cable. Shipped from Mouser 2wks back

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KPauw.1, @avoyt.1​ , I'll ship you a cable if you share me your shipment address. You can use the private message section. Regards

avoyt.1
Associate

***Edited by moderation to remove contact details***