cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.box and ST-LINK/V2 programmer adapter and cable

DWind.1
Associate III

Hi!

I found a thread that says thtat the ST-LINK/V2 can be used as in circuit programmer.

SensorTile.box firmware OTA function restore documentation says that the programmer, a  JTAG adapter board V1.0 and a Flat cable to connect JTAG adapter to SensorTile.box is needed.

The SensorTile.box user manual says in chaper 3.3: "... and the most recent release of the Sensortile.box includes an adapter board and cable for the ST-LINK/V2 programming and debugging device."

I ordered two devices of the SensorTile.box but there was no adapter or cable included. Can you give me information where to get those? I could not find them anywhere as separate parts. Are they part of the STLink/V2 package?

And another question: There is a UART for debugging purposes on SensorTile.box pins available. Can I use the STLink/V2 directly to read from those pins with my PC and a serial console? Or do I need a separate converter?

Best wishes,

Dominik

18 REPLIES 18

Hi

Can i program the sensortile.Box using J-link instead of STlink ?

Hi @DKosy.1​ ,

honestly I never used the J-Link for programming the SensorTile.box, but J-link is an ST partner so probably you can...

You can find some more details at this link.

-Eleon

I managed to program it with j-link using the adapter and connecting the SWD pins with jumper cables .

Hi, I purchased the Sensortile.box directly from STMicroelectronics and only recurved the box without the JTAG adapter and flat cable. Where can i find these?

Hi @KBada.1​ ,

that's strange... did you purchase it on the ST eStore?

If so, let's try to manage a shipment to your address. You can write it to me in the Message section (the menu at top right of the page, under the profile picture).

-Eleon

PWood.1
Associate II

I am also in the position of not receiving the adapter mentioned. I purchased my sensortile.box from Mouser.

Hi @wpauloods​ ,

did you also purchased it in the last year? If so, please write to me in the message section, top right of this page, under the profile picture.

-Eleon

GTort.1
Associate II

Hi all,

same problem here: we have ordered and received two sensortile.box SoCs a few months ago, from RS online https://it.rs-online.com/web/

the two sensortile.box kits were missing the adapter and cable to connect them to the ST-Link/v2 programmers

how can we get TWO much needed adapters/cables? (by ordering and paying for them if necessary)

thank you in advance,

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca @GTort.1​ ,

please write to me in the message section, top right of this page, under the profile picture, so we can manage your case.

Cables and adapters will be available soon online as stand-alone products to be purchased but it will take at least some weeks.

-Eleon