cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx 4.13 and Cubemx 5.5 project creation

Kasun Dinesh
Associate III

Hi,

I use the .ioc file in STM32F746-DISCO v.3.0.0 project, import it to CUBE IDE and used the option to create a project form ioc file. But even i compiled and run in in stm32f746 board, nothing happens. Any reason for this, or whats the fix. My end goal is to make it compatible with a display of 800x480.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

But did you actually program the flash with the contents of this region? You require an external flashloader configured from either ST-Link or STCubeProgrammer - Or through CubeIDE.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

"Nothing happens" - Can you elaborate?

Nothing comes to display. I created a gui in touchgfx. Build it using new cubeide but when I run it, nothing comes to the display. ​there are no errors or hard faults comes when running.

I got the code to work after comparing both cubemx generated code and touchgfx generated code. There were some missing code areas where in the cubemx generated project. Now having another problem where background images dosent show properly. Can you provide me any guidance on it happens?

Touchgfx design0690X00000BwM2EQAV.jpg

What I get on LCD

0690X00000BwM2TQAV.jpg

"missing" code areas are intentional - They're not the responsibility of CubeMX. At least i'm hoping that you're talking about USER CODE sections related to SDRAM and QSPI.

As for your canvas, there may be some issues with it:

* Anything that isn't covered by something (box, image, etc) is basically just garbage framebuffer memory.

* Are images referenced in QSPI? Did you program it?

Kasun Dinesh
Associate III

Hi Martin. Thanks for getting back to me. I use the default images provided from touchgfx and it's in quadspi region. I used the linker modifications done in the example project generated from touchgfx for f746​

But did you actually program the flash with the contents of this region? You require an external flashloader configured from either ST-Link or STCubeProgrammer - Or through CubeIDE.

Thanks. That was the issue. It worked after i added the flash loader. 😀

Great! 🙂