cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32IDE permanently delete all files if cube fails to update

franck23
Senior

I have just reinstalled CubeIDE on a new PC and trying to work on some already created project with CubeIDE.

The target is an STM32F7.

I opened the Cube .ioc file from inside CubeIDE explorer, then modify some settings.

When I try to save, I get a message saying that stm32cube is being updated.

Then imediately after a message saying "Error downloading the following files: stm32cube_fw_f7_v1150.zip (Not available).

Then all the files in my project get permanently deleted leaving only the .project and the .ioc file!

And when I say permanently, I do mean it is not in the bin!!!

This is the second time it happened to me in a week.

And the second time I loose one day worth of work.

2 REPLIES 2
franck23
Senior

After a lot of trial and errors, I finaly find the root!

The workspace I am working on was created on another computer which had STM32CubeIDE v1.0.0 aswell as STM32CubeMX installed separately.

Now I am working on a different computer which has STM32CubeIDE v1.0.2 and no STM32CubeMx.

I am not sure which one is relevant here: the version or the fact that STM32CubeMx is present on the first computer.

Anyway, in the file .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.st.stm32cube.common.mx.prefs which was created with the first computer, the following entry is present: STM32CubeMX.FirmwareRepositoryPath=C\:/Users/Franck/STM32Cube/Repository/

Removing this entry from the workspace fixes the issue.

This entry is not present if I create a workspace with the second computer (again not sure if it is link to STM32CubeIDE v1.0.2 or no STM32CubeMx)

However, it is exported with the eclipse preferences (file->Export->General->Preferences), so if I create a new workspace and import my old preferences, I get the same issue.

I do hope that ST will fixe this bug.

I understand that this is a particular case and it won't affect a lot of people, but the the fact that all source files in a project could be permanetly erased without warning is quite alarming.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Sounds lacking firmware packs at a time may have lead to such behavior pain. Definitively a bug.

Sounds some improvements have been done fixing such issue Thanks STM32CubeIDE V1.1.0 just released on st.com