cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will STM32CubeIDE support TouchGFX ?

Valentin Gros
Associate III

For now, STM32CubeIDE have an option to enable TouchGFX. However it does not compile after code generating. I tried to solve the problems but I have not succeeded for the moment (using STM32F746G DISCO, C++). For information, I saw and followed the guide written by Martin KJELDSEN a few days ago.

So my question is : when will STM32CubeIDE will support TouchGFX ? Or will ST publish an official programming guide to do this ?

Best regards,

Valentin Gros

13 REPLIES 13
HP
Senior III

I second this!

A guide would be really nice but a preconfigured project would also solve a lot of my problems.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Thanks for the input, guys. It really helps send a message internally that people do not think TouchGFX is supported if it is impossible to generate a working project.

I'll take this message with me. Also, i'll try to provide an STM32F746G-DISCO project and maybe also shoot a video of it if i can find the time.

/Martin

Valentin Gros
Associate III

Thank you Martin Kjeldsen, it would be very useful.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi guys,

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000At0N95SQE/cubeide-100-touchgfx-4100-working-project-inside-stm32f746gdisco

There's a working STM32F746G-DISCO project for your inspection. I will proceed with making a video tutorial now. It's a bit of a cumbersome process but i'll investigate how lenient i can be with official guidelines in order to get it out sooner 🙂

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Just an update on this: I'm going to a workshop where we'll go through some of these issues that we've found and you've found and fix them together on the spot. This should make the initial experience a lot smoother - Also, we're planning a major article on porting TouchGFX through CubeMX, custom BSP work, and will try to include various compilers and tools.

/Martin

Valentin Gros
Associate III

Ok thank you Martin. I hope that major compatibility issues will be fixed with the next update of STM32CubeIDE.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Valentin Gros​ , i'm back from vacation. We're working dilligently on improving the whole experience and we're continuously reporting bugs/improvements to the CubeIDE team and we're working on a new type of plugin for CubeMX which means we can fix issues faster since the responsibility will be with the TouchGFX team.

Valentin Gros
Associate III

Hi Martin. This is a good news !

KMunj
Associate II

​Hi Martin,

I am still waiting for TouchGFX + STM32IDE + HW Integration documentation.

A tutorial will be really nice. I already raised with local (SJ, CA) ST sales manager, but no feedback from him yet.

Thanks

Kiran